These Terms were revised on 18 November 2018
This website is operated by Azrights International Ltd (Azrights) a company registered in England & Wales under registration number 07920233 whose registered office address is at c/o Crowley Young, Berkeley Square House, Berkeley Square, London W1J 6BD. Throughout the site the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Azrights. We offer this website, including all information, tools, and services subject to your acceptance of our terms, and conditions set out below.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing and using our services. By accessing or using any part of the site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Our service
1.1 The Legally Branded Academy, the Legally Branded Monthly, Legally Branded GDPR course and any other online courses we may introduce in future consisting of e-courses, giving access to a members area of our website with written information and videos on legal topics relating to intellectual property and business law, including webinars, checklists, audio, and video how-to instructions, and legal agreements constitute our online services (“Service”) .
1.2 When you take up a Service you will be subject to any additional terms applicable for the Service you sign up to. The price you pay for a Service shall be inclusive of Value Added Tax where applicable.
1.3 The Legally Branded Academy and Legally Branded GDPR courses are available for access for one year from the month in which you purchase the Service, or until March 31 2020, whichever shall be longer, unless the terms of your offer included lifetime access, in which case your access will continue for as long as Azrights provides the Service to the public.
1.4 The Legally Branded Monthly will be available to you in return for the monthly subscription fee and shall cease to be available to you if your payment fails, or you give notice of your wish to terminate, or if we terminate your access in accordance with this agreement. We reserve the right not to allow you back into the Monthly membership or any other Service if you cancel your membership for any reason.
1.5 Any seminars and events we organize may be subject to additional terms governing the event and similarly, any coaching, masterminds or similar services shall be on the further terms stated in the offer.
- Becoming a member
2.1 You become a member and will be entitled to access the Services you buy after completing an application form and paying the applicable fee for the relevant Service.
- You warrant and represent that you shall keep confidential and, except as provided for in these terms and conditions, not, share with any third party your username or password or access details provided to facilitate access to the Service, although you may share access to the Services with one other person from your organisation, or one person who is assisting you with your administrative work at no extra cost. Should you wish to grant access to the Services to more than one person you will be required to purchase a separate licence or subscription for that person. On no account may you grant access to this course to your legal adviser. If you are receiving help with your legal work then that adviser should rely on their own resources, templates and know how to support you and may not access this Service. It will be a fundamental breach of contract for you to grant access to any legal professional and you should draw the attention of such professional to this provision. We do allow legal professionals to purchase access to our Services for themselves, provided they apply directly and do not gain access indirectly as legal helpers of existing members of our Service. Where the legal system in your home country entails having documentation prepared for you by lawyers in your own country, then you may let such lawyers see the terms that you would like them to adapt for use in your home country.
- If you wish to have more than 1 extra user accessing the site, so as to train your team in intellectual property, then let us know by emailing [email protected] and we will send you a link to pay an additional charge per user the price of which will differ depending on how many additional licences you require. Reduced rates will apply the more users you would like to grant access to within your organisation.
- During your membership period you are entitled to use the Service according to your membership type, and, if your membership allows you access to them, to print out any of the documents and forms on the site for your own use and download and play the audios and any other multimedia content on the site.
- You must provide current, complete and accurate purchase information when applying for our e-Courses or subscription Services and agree to promptly update your account information, including email address and credit card or Stripe information so we may continue to take payment of monthly membership fees, where applicable, and continue to provide the Service and contact you when needed.
- Payment for any e-Course will generally be required in full unless an instalment facility is part of the offer. If the second instalment is not paid on time your access to the Service will be withdrawn, and you will not have access to any of the e-Course materials.
- We reserve the right to change the monthly membership fees from time to after giving you at least thirty days’ notice. Any increased fee will only apply to you after your current membership period has expired.
- Beta Courses From time to time new e-Courses may be made available in beta version. You will have the opportunity of purchasing access to a new beta course subject to agreeing to meet certain requirements that may be set out in each offer to purchase such a Service.
- If you purchase or are granted complimentary access to a beta course, you undertake and guarantee that you will complete your review of the course within the deadlines set
- Cancellations and refunds
3.1. If after joining you decide that the Service is not suitable for your needs, you may cancel the e-Course or your membership within the time period stipulated in the offer or 30 days (whichever is applicable to your Service) of making your first payment by sending us a message by email to [email protected] indicating your wish to cancel. The fee you paid for the Service will be refunded in full within 14 days. You will also need to cancel any recurring fee if this has been set up. We reserve the right not to allow you back into any of the Azrights Services in future.
3.2 We own the copyright, design rights and all other intellectual property rights in the website and materials available to you on our site. You may not copy or distribute any of these to anyone without our express written permission save insofar as is permitted by the terms of the licence for use of a template. Breach of this term is a fundamental breach entitling us to remove your access without any refunds.
4.2 We will supply you access to our website and all Services and materials available through our website, subject to receiving payment of the relevant fee or monthly membership fee for the Service.
4.3 We do not warrant that access to the site and the Services will be free from interruptions and will not be liable for any failure to access the site or the Services.
4.4 We may have to suspend access to our site if there are technical problems or to make improvements. If there is any defect with the website, please contact us and tell us as soon as is reasonably possible and give us a reasonable opportunity to repair or fix it.
- We may suspend access to the Service if:
- we suspect that there has been any misuse of the Service or breach of these terms and conditions; or
- You fail to pay any sums due to us by the due date for payment.
- We will notify you as soon as possible after suspending the Service.
- Where the reason for the suspension is suspected misuse of the Service or breach of these terms and conditions, without prejudice to our rights, we will take steps to investigate the issue and may restore or permanently suspend access at our discretion. If we consider it appropriate to permanently suspend access, we will notify you in writing and this agreement will terminate immediately on service of such notice.
- In relation to suspensions under clause 4.4.2, access to the Service will be restored promptly after we receive payment in full and cleared funds.
- We decide to withdraw the Service altogether.
- No Legal Advice
- Membership does not entitle members to any ‘one to one’ advice or other services unless the offer specifically includes such access and you purchase it.
- Nothing in the Services is deemed to constitute legal advice, and the Services are provided purely as an educational tool. We accept no liability whatsoever for any reliance on any of the content on this site.
- Data protection
6.1 You consent to our keeping and using personal information provided by you for our own purposes, for example for contacting you with details of information which we believe may be of interest to you, and for compiling statistics for our records. Save as set out below, we will not pass any information we hold about you to any organisation outside Azrights without your consent unless we are obliged to do so by law.
- We reserve the right to disclose membership details in the following circumstances
- To any government or police officer who holds the necessary authority
- Membership information will also be accessible by any contractors who may be employed by us to carry out maintenance or upgrade work on our site by reason of the work that they will be doing
6.3. Under the Data Protection Regulations, you may request details of personal information we hold about you. Please send any such requests to us to [email protected]. If you believe that any information, we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete let us know and we will amend our records.
- Termination of membership
7.1 Your membership and access to the site will be terminated automatically at the end of your membership period if you are a monthly user or if the Service you have bought entails a renewal or upgrade fee which you fail to pay. If you still wish to use the service after your membership has been terminated you will need to apply to rejoin and pay a joining fee of £100 in addition to any renewal, upgrade fee or the fee for Monthly membership.
7.2 Once your membership has been terminated or suspended you will no longer be able to access any materials on the site.
- Intellectual Property
8.1 You acknowledge that the ownership and legal title and all intellectual property rights for all material on the site are either vested in us or are as described in the individual document or article.
8.2 You agree that you will not alter or remove from any material, any copyright information or logo or any other identification or information regarding the authorship of any part of the Service.
8.3 The information and files on the site are for your personal use only. Reproduction and publication of any material on the web-site to third parties can only be done with our express written permission. If permission is granted this will be on the basis that you acknowledge the authorship of the material concerned. For the avoidance of doubt, we confirm that this clause does not affect your right, while you remain a member, to use the forms on the site for their normal purposes, or to download and listen to the audios, provided your membership gives you access.
- Amendment of these terms and conditions
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and you will be notified of any changes that materially affect you by email. You will be able to tell whether there have been any changes from the date indicated at the head of these terms. You will be bound by the new terms and conditions, unless you contact us within 30 days of the date of any email notification, requesting us to cancel your membership
- Information and How to Contact Us
10.1 If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
10.2 If we must contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email, to the address you have provided to us through the website application form as subsequently updated.
11. Your Use of the Site
a) In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
b) In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
c) For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm anyone including minors in any way.
d) To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is offensive, obscene or otherwise indecent or incites discriminatory or antisocial behavior.
e) To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
f) To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
11.2 You also agree:
g) Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, transmit or re-sell any part of our site, publications or products in any form or by any means, whether electronically, mechanically, by photocopying or recording or otherwise without our permission. This includes but is not limited to any materials or documents that you download, save onto your computer or print into hardcopy form.
h) Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
11.3 We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, or on the site of a third-party provider such as Facebook, including but not limited to chat rooms, bulletin boards, and video conferencing facilities. Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, or on a third party’s site and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
11.4 Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of these terms and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
a) immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
b) immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
c) issue of a warning to you;
d) legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; and
e) further legal action against you and disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
11.5 We exclude liability for our actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
11.6 We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
12. Other Terms
12.1 We may transfer the site or the Service to another entity as we deem fit or necessary for our business. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
12.2 These terms form a contract between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these terms.
12.3 Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
12.4 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These terms are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Money Back Guarantee
We offer a money back guarantee if you change your mind and opt to cancel your registration at any time within 30 days of signing up for a Service or within 7 days in the case of certain Monthly membership offers. The instructions for claiming a refund are set out in clause 4 above.